Applications can now be made for the Victorian Government construction grant which provides assistance to construction businesses which incurred costs that were not recovered as a result of the two week lockdown. Eligible businesses must meet the following criteria: –
- Hold an ABN and be GST registered with a payroll of less than $10 million;
- Have an ABN industry code which matches the list of eligible industries;
- Operated a worksite in Victoria and been shut down between 21 September to 4 October. This basically restricts the grant to businesses operating worksites in Melbourne metropolitan and very limited regional Victoria areas;
- Be registered for WorkCover or hold a WorkSafe Construction Induction Training Card (white card) if a non-employer; and
- Not received any recent Victorian grants such as the Small Business COVID Hardship grant.
Grants will be provided between $2,800 to $8,400 depending on the size of the payroll for successful applicants and the grant closes on 9 November or until funds run out, so we recommend any eligible businesses apply as soon as possible. More details can be found at the link below: –
If you have any queries or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.